Thursday, January 9, 2014

AP Prep post 1: Siddhartha

 
1)How was this novel an allegory and what was one theme from Siddhartha?
A.  I personally think the story from the novel is about the struggle to find your niche in society. The theme is self discovery.
2)What would happen if Siddhartha was alone and did not have Govinda?
I had trouble answering this question with little background information. This is the answer I found.
A.
I suppose Siddhartha would have had nobody to travel with. Govinda was a true companion that helped Siddhartha establish his path. Things would have changed slightly if Siddhartha had been alone but, as a major theme presents, Siddhartha's path would have only been slightly different on his way to enlightenment.
3) What purpose does self-denial serve in Siddhartha? What about self-indulgence?
A. With out self denial/indulgence there would be no self discovery. Siddhartha has not up until this point realized how alone in the world he is.
4) What does Siddhartha do that allows him to achieve enlightenment?
I didn't know the answer, but I found this.
A.He lets his son follow his own path
5) Siddhartha’s father is a Brahmin, which means he is a what?
I found this answer online.
A. Religious leader. (seemed important to know the exact definition)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment