Monday, September 16, 2013

Declaration of Learning Independence

All my life everyone including teachers have constantly talked about how "everyone is special in their own way." If this is true than why is it that all students are following a specific curriculum? I'm going to try not to babble on about how unimportant some of the classes I've taken now seem to be. However, the world is constantly changing. Some of the things that we are learning to do now will be of no use to us with the speed at which technology is moving. One example of this was the fact I once had to learn cursive. I don't know about you guys, but when was the last time you wrote an essay in cursive instead of typing it? I guess what I want to get out of my high school experience is different than the cookie cutter ideas that many adults have hammered into our brains. I want to learn things that will help me in the future. I want to learn what I need to know to make it through life as a person I can be proud of. I guess that's a goal. I know it's not super specific for what I want to do in the future. I have other goals for that. I'm sorry if this wasn't the assignment, but to my knowledge this assignment was to show us this class will give us the freedom to learn what's important for this course, and how it can be used in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment