Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Vocab 7/ Character study

After hours of searching for X-mus, and some very weird shenanigans from Quatro I started to get cold. I asked Quatro to pull over the car. He acted really startled, and refused to pull over so I could get my jacket from the trunk. Eventually Lindsey convinced him to stop for gas. When he went in to pay, I walked to the trunk. I opened it and found the body of my cousin/ best friend. For a moment I was in shock, but of course that was emphemeral. I don't even remember what happened next. The last thing I remember was hearing Jacob's sobs after being hit in the face, and shoved back in the cab with the rest of us. I remember seeing Quatro's fist ricochet off the steering wheel in a fit of anger. His garrulous speech on the drive made it even scarier. When he realized I was the only one who hadn't been knocked out in the cab, he hit me.

I awoke on a rough gravel street, surrounded by buildings I had never seen before. I capriciously felt the inchoate bump that had formed on my head. It was then that I noticed I was surrounded by my friends, who I'm sure shared the same plethora of questions I wondered. After looking closer at my surroundings, I realized we were in Egypt....

No comments:

Post a Comment